My present class offering for yarn and fabric shops, retreats and festivals is listed below, and I will add more in due course. At the moment I am only available to teach virtually, but I will consider in-person classes once the COVID-19 pandemic is over.
I am also very happy to deliver lectures or talks on any of the topics listed, so if you’d prefer that format, let me know!
Other important bits:
- Please note that I am based in London, UK, but am happy to travel domestically. Please contact me if you would like to discuss international travel;
- My design classes are adaptable for sewing, pattern cutting, knitting and crochet;
- I do not hold private lessons;
- The ball park figures for class lengths and sizes are 2-3 hours for c.20 people, but if you would like to customise a topic for a full day or have a smaller/larger class in mind, please contact me to discuss the details.
Garment Construction, Sewing and Pattern Cutting – currently unavailable, but I am considering a virtual offering. If you are interested, please contact me.
- Intro to Cables
- Intro to Lace
- Intro to Two-Handed Stranded Colourwork
- Intro to Intarsia
Design (currently in development; this topic is likely to expand)
- Intro to Design Elements and Principles
- Design Illustration: Pencils
- Design Illustration: Watercolours
- Design Illustration: Inks
- Change One Thing: a technique for design development
Pattern drafting for knitting and crochet (more in development; please enquire)
- The Geometry of Sleeves: lecture/design overview
- The Geometry of Sleeves: how to draft a set-in sleeve
- The Geometry of Sleeves: how to draft a raglan sleeve
Applied Maths for Design
- Fun with Factorials!
- Factors, Multiples and Repeats (currently in development)
- Neatly Set-in Sleeves
- Intro to Crochet
- The Cluster Stitch Family
- The Relief Stitch Family
Have you seen anything you like? If so, please contact me for further details, stating which class or classes you are interested in booking.
To keep up to date please join me over on Instagram, where I also announce live dates and classes.