Are you keen to learn more about knitwear design? And have you ever struggled with:
- Expressing your ideas?
- Feeling that your drawing skills need improvement?
- Presenting your designs in a way that feels true to you?
If so, and you dream of publishing your own knitting patterns, this course might be for you!
How to Design Knitwear | Visual Communication is a course aimed at knitters who know they’re capable of being a designer but sometimes struggle with creative expression. Over the course of 6 weeks, you’ll learn drawing and compositional techniques that will help you to articulate your vision. You don’t need to have any previous experience with drawing or fine art. If you do, or have experience with other styles of visual communication, you’re welcome too!
By the end of the course you’ll have:
- A solid foundation of drawing techniques
- A visual library full of mark-making experiments, studies and compositions
- Increased confidence in your ability to express yourself authentically.
The only materials you’ll need are:
- A set of drawing pencils, ranging from B to 6B
- An A3 drawing pad or sketch pad.
More about the course
This pilot is the first module of a comprehensive knitwear design course created by me, Natalie Warner. I am building the course with a group of knitters so that it includes:
- live interaction
- ongoing support
- two-way feedback
- an emphasis on community.
This means that you will not always get the smoothness of a specialist platfom for online courses. However, you will get the support of a friendly peer group and an experienced teacher dedicated to her students! You will also have lifetime access to the final version of the course that you’ve helped to create with me and your fellow designers.
The first drawing class will take place on Monday 7th November. The final co-working session will be on Thursday 15th December.
All classes will be streamed live via Zoom. Replays will be available as soon as possible after each class.
- Livestreamed drawing classes will be on Mondays. They will be recorded for anyone who can’t make the session.
- Co-working, check-ins and extra support will be on Thursdays. These sessions are optional and will not be recorded.
- All sessions, whether Monday or Thursday, will take place between 15.00-17.00 UK time.
You will receive a downloadable confirmation letter after booking and payment, which will contain the course outline and the Zoom link for the first class. I’ll also send a reminder email the Friday before our first meeting together and check that you’re all set to begin.
any more questions? ask away!
If there’s anything else you’d like to know, or if you need a payment plan, please get in touch! The form below will take you straight to my inbox and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.